South Coast Consulting, Land Use Planning and Development Project Management is a small firm focusing on a few clients. This enables it to concentrate on each project. South Coast is a full service planning consulting firm with the ability to guide and to implement projects from concept to approval. Clients range from individual homeowners to large developers. South Coast offers:
- Initial assessment of project feasibility from a planning perspective.
- Preparation of concept and development plans.
- Preparation of planning applications for consent, minor variance, rezoning, official plan amendment, site plans, and plans of subdivision and condominium.
- Preparation of preliminary and final planning justification and impact analysis reports.
- Project Management – coordination of related professional services including surveyors, engineers, landscape architects and hydrogeologists.
- Conservation Authority Development Permits.
- Development Incentives Grant and Loan Applications.
- Representation before judicial boards and tribunals such as the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT)
If you are a developer working with South Coast gives you a competitive edge. South Coast is an expert in rural land and small town development in developing areas such as the Bay of Quinte / The County, Georgian Bay, and Niagara. South Coast has over 40 years establishing trusted relationships with municipal and agency staff. This breadth of experience helps you gain a competitive edge by providing knowledge of the planning and development process, coordination of all aspects of development project approvals, and by helping keep projects on time and on budget.
If you are a land owner you may have found the complexities of the approval process are not for the timid! The list of requirements can be lengthy, complicated, and stressful to deal with on your own (site plans, environmental impact studies, zoning amendments, municipal approvals, etc.), and the the jargon on application forms.
South Coast has helped many individuals with their land planning and building projects. South Coast knows how to finesse the land development approval process and takes care of all the complex details for you. South Coast Consulting, Land Use Planning and Development Project Management is a small company, offering personal, attentive, service and fair, competitive pricing.
Current and Past Community Involvement
- City of Port Colborne Environmental Advisory Committee
- Regional Niagara Active Transportation Sub Committee
- United Way of South Niagara, Community Investment / Funding Allocation Committee
- Niagara Health System, Port Colborne Community Advisory Committee Member
- Part of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ Palestinian Municipal Management Project. Participation in workshops on environmental planning, management, and the development and content of municipal master plans given to staff from Gaza municipalities
- Port Colborne Rotary Club Centennial, Founding Member, Co-chaired the Habitat for Humanity Committee, targeting, acquiring and developing housing sites
- Queen’s University Alumni, organizing alumni outings in the Niagara Peninsula
- Sierra Club of Canada, Ontario Chapter, Executive Committee Member-at-Large
- Belleville Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Province of Ontario Resources Provincial Policy Statement
- Applying for Changes to Land Use
- Citizen’s Guide to Land Use Planning
- Brownfields Financial Tax Incentive Program
- Greenbelt Plan (2017)
- Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan (2017)
- A Place to Grow: Growth plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Growth Plan for Northern Ontario
- Provincially Signiﬁcant Employment Zones
- Agricultural System for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH)
- Criteria, methods, and mapping of the proposed regional Natural Heritage System for the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Land Information Ontario
- Ontario Canadian Institute of Planners